Work-Ready is a series of workshops designed by LGBT+ people, for LGBT+ people. It’s a four year project, funded by London Councils.
Our core aims are to:
- Improve young LGBT+ people’s employability skills;
- Empower them to apply for work they really want to pursue;
- Share skills and stories;
- Develop confidence in the work place;
- Promote a work/life balance;
- Inspire the community to effectively challenge homo/transphobia in the work place;
- Learn how to make disclosures at work.
Every workshop is delivered by LGBT+ staff and volunteers who have a passion to empower LGBT+ people, and share skills that will make a longer-lasting impact on their lives.
As well as delivering specialist workshops, we work to engage young people with corporate businesses, to build links and help them find work placements.
If it’s mentoring and skills-boosting that you’re after, let us help match you with a professional LGBT+ mentor!
We’ve already delivered workshops on:
- Vogueing (LGBT history+ and confidence building);
- Protecting yourself online and through social media;
- How to create the perfect CV and cover letter.
Upcoming workshops include:
- Using the Equality Act – what are protected characteristics and how are you protected?
- How to appropriately make disclosures (criminal convictions);
- How to challenge convictions on your record;
- Mock Interviews;
- Skills matching and self assessment.
For more information about how to get involved contact firstname.lastname@example.org